Welcome to Snowden Chinese classes!
Nihao! 你好! Everyone,
I am Ms. Liu. 刘老师。 I teach Mandarin Chinese from beginner level to IB high level at Snowden.
Welcome to the School Year of 2021-2022! Last year it was mostly remote learning due to the pandemic worldwide. Beginning on September 8th this year , we will be engaged in in-person learning in our classroom G03 at the Y. We will also keep our zoom class links in case we are asked to switch to remote learning again.
While learning in classroom, students are required to do the following:
- Pay a full attention and participate in discussions.
- Ask questions and answer questions.
- Take notes, which will be checked periodically
- Complete and submit class assignment and homework on time
- Be respectful to teachers and peers
- Demonstrate proper behavior in and out of classroom
- Check grades on Aspen frequently and seek opportunities to improve
- Come to after-school office-hour for help as needed
While learning online,
- Please use Google Classroom to log in to our Zoom class and check for assignments. Zoom Class link is/will be posted in Google Classroom.
- Please also check my Google site for learning resources and overall ideas of your 4 year-learning spectrum so you can be prepared. Below is the link:
Detailed Zoom class requirements: (Zoom class links will be posted in Google Classroom)
- login with your name including first and last name
- dress properly
- participate in discussions
- work with peers respectfully
- complete and submit your assignment on time
Supplies needed for Chinese class:
- Chromebook or laptop
- a composition notebook for note-taking
- pen, pencil and eraser
- 100 index cards
Please feel free to send me an email should you have any questions. [email protected] I will make sure that I respond as quickly as possible.
Wish everyone a joyful and successful school year!